Datsun, the low-cost brand of the Japanese carmaker is readying a crossover utility vehicle (CUV)—the GO Cross—for the Indian market and the car is expected to reach the Indian shores in early 2017. Although the GO Cross was originally slated for its launch in 2018, conducive market condition has prompted the company to advance the launch.
Datsun had showcased the GO Cross at the Auto Expo earlier this year and the response for this crossover was immense. As the work on the GO Cross believed to be progressing rapidly, here is the all details of this upcoming crossover we have known so far.
1) Datsun GO Cross, the flagship model of the company is likely to be the fourth offering in India faster GO hatchback, GO + MPV and redi-GO small car.
2) Based on the GO+ MPV, the Go Cross is expected to sport hexagonal radiator grille, LED head-lamps and fog lamps, larger alloy wheels, roof rails and a roof-mounted spoiler.
3) The GO Cross is likely to sport a less boxy rear design and is expected to have a higher ground clearance. It is expected to come with skid plates in the front, rear and the sides.
4) Under the hood, the GO Cross is likely to get a 1.2-litre three-cylinder DOHC 12-valve motor that’s present in the GO and the GO+. The engine is likely to be tuned to churn out 64bhp of power at 5000rpm and 140Nm of peak torque at 4000rpm.
5) The GO Cross is likely to get a price tag starting at Rs 5 lakh and will take on the likes of soon-to-be-launched Maruti Suzuki Ignis, Hyundai Active i20, Toyota Etios Cross and Fiat Avventura.